Guthrie Sayen & Brian Jaudon – Coaching for Self Leadership
Coaching for Self Leadership – This course was developed for experienced coaches who are new to the IFS Model. You will learn the foundations of IFS – working with the parts or subpersonalities of our inner worlds and how to access Self, the calm, confident and creative core of every human.
By the end of the course, you will learn about:
- The importance of systems thinking, in recognizing that the parts, or subpersonalities, react to each other in patterned ways, that a change to one part ripples through the system.
- The wisdom of the client’s system, that the coach’s job is to acclimate to the client’s inner world and find the most respectful way to collaborate with system’s natural propensity to heal and fulfill its potential.
- The centrality of Self, the enlightened core of every human being, which is calm, confident, curious, and compassionate, naturally whole, wise, loving, and good.
- The reality of multiplicity, that the human psyche naturally possesses many parts or subpersonalities, each of which has a range of functions, behaviors, emotions, and strategies to meet needs.
And be able to apply the following skills:
- Identify parts, that is, notice and acknowledge which subpersonalities are present at any given moment.
- Unblend parts, that is, separate or differentiate parts from the seat of awareness so that the client can come into healing relationship with their parts.
- Befriend parts, that is, make friends with all parts, especially those that clients believe are causing them problems.
- Support exiles when they arise, that is, know how to hold compassionately young vulnerable parts when they appear.
- Introduce clients to Self, their true nature, the seat of their awareness, the place where they have access to wisdom and creativity.
Giving you more confidence in working with all aspects of the client!