Daniel Raim – Documentary Storytelling and Scriptwriting 101 Essentials
Documentary Storytelling & Scriptwriting 101 Essentials – Step-By-Step: Creating Compelling & Impactful Documentaries – An Oscar-Winning Approach!
Do you have an amazing story but struggling with how to structure all the elements into a compelling film?
Are you overwhelmed with all the elements of your story and having trouble keeping your audience engaged on a deep level?
Whether you’re just starting out on your documentary journey or in the final stages, making a deeply emotional connection with your audience is THE critical element in the making of your film. It’s EVERYTHING.
The goal of this course is to help you findclarity with your story and provide a clear framework for how to weave it together in a compelling and emotional way that will move audiences.
You get a step by step workflow to help you organize all your footage, interviews and ideas into a structured, cohesive and compelling film.
You get an easy-to-follow roadmap for tackling every aspect of conceiving, scripting, shooting, and assembling your documentary.
Perhaps most important, this course will show you how to find the heart of the story that is waiting to be told – a story that will emerge as you develop your film.
To help clarify the concepts taught in the course, you’ll have exclusive access to a case study of the making of HAROLD AND LILLIAN (Zeitgeist Films), including a step by step tutorial from the instructor on how he built the documentary script from scratch, plus access to view and download the complete full-length script.
- How to organize all the scattered pieces of your story into a cohesive and engaging narrative
- Powerful storytelling techniques to keep your audience glued to the screen
- How to break down your film into a series of 8-12 sequences to create a compelling story arc
- How to properly format your script and the best scriptwriting software
- How to weave together your story beats (soundbites), scenes and sequences to create a compelling narrative
- How to use dramatic conflict to create emotion within the audience
- The core concepts of storytelling and how to use cinematic techniques to create greater impact
- All the steps laid out to complete your film!