Jared Powell – The Stiff & Unstable Shoulder
The Stiff & Unstable Shoulder
In this comprehensive online program, designed for musculoskeletal health professionals, we take a deep dive into:
- The epidemiology and demographics of a stiff and unstable shoulder – who is at risk of developing a wobbly or stiff shoulder?
- The pathophysiology! – is there a clear pathology underpinning a frozen shoulder or shoulder instability? Does this inform management?
- Classification and natural history
- Differential diagnosis – you can’t afford to get this wrong!
- The patient interview and physical examination – imperative to be a GOOD CLINICIAN
- What interventions are available to manage frozen shoulder and shoulder instability? We focus on physical therapy, injection therapy and surgical options
- How does physical therapy compare to surgery and injection therapy?
- What can YOU do to help people suffering with frozen shoulder or an unstable shoulder? This is where you earn your stripes!
The end result?
- Have an in depth understanding of the pathology underpinning a stiff or unstable shoulder and how this may inform management
- Learn how to accurately detect a frozen shoulder or an obscure unstable shoulder via simple interview and objective techniques
- Have increased confidence to manage stiff and unstable shoulder presentations, which have historically proved to be challenging and complicated cases
- Be able to collaboratively manufacture an evidence-based pathway for those suffering to return to function and valued activity.
This course is for you if you want to:
- Improve your understanding of the pathology underpinning a stiff or unstable shoulder
- Increase your ability to accurately diagnose a stiff/unstable shoulder and also rule out masquerading pathologies
- Increase your confidence, and subsequently your patient’s confidence, in managing a frozen shoulder or unstable shoulder
- Lifetime access to the online course The Stiff & Unstable Shoulder
- Over 6 hours of comprehensive evidence-based video tutorials delivered by the Shoulder Physio, Jared Powell, covering the modules discussed below
- Actionable strategies and knowledge to use immediately in clinic
- A comprehensive reference list
- Support and community through the Shoulder Physio Facebook Group
- Access to Jared Powell in the form of a Q&A section
- Completion certificate for CPE requirements
By the end of this course you will:
- know, in detail, why a frozen shoulder or unstable shoulder may emerge
- have knowledge on how to accurately detect a frozen or unstable shoulder
- know when to refer on or when to manage yourself
- know the evidence behind YOUR intervention and also competing interventions
- have increased confidence in your clinical practice when someone with a stiff or unstable shoulder walks through your door, which they will!
What’s covered in the course?
The Stiff Shoulder
Module 1: Fundamentals
- What is frozen shoulder exactly?
- How does it occur?
- In whom? Why?
- What is it associated with?
Module 2: Diagnosis
- How to diagnose frozen shoulder?
- What other conditions do we needs to consider?
- The patient interview and physical examination
Module 3: Management
- The discerning physical therapist’s intervention for frozen shoulder
- What is the evidence for physical therapy, injection therapy and surgery?
- What should YOU do to manage a person with frozen shoulder?