Mike Rubini – Reverse Engineering Through Technical Scraping
Reverse engineering through technical scraping – Collect, transform and use third-party data to get a competitive advantage
Enroll in the course
- Instant access to all available lessons
- Future ones as soon as they are available
- Locked, one-time low fee 🔒
Data is the new
Every company needs data. If you have the same data your competitors have, at most, you will have the same results.
Data is all over the places. Most likely, your team uses an increasing number of tools to get their job done. Scraping allows you to put it in one central location, even when APIs are not available.
Take unique data sets to improve your product and build new features.
Data collection is a key part of technical marketing. Get leads exploiting alternative sources.
Intro. Basics of data extraction (4 videos)
- 1. Is scraping legal?
- 2. Data extraction methods
- 3. Scraping DOM with code (PHP)
- 4. Scraping DOM without code
- 5. Extract data visually, without code
1. Scraping Instagram for profit (3 videos)
- 1. Deep dive #1
- 2. Deep dive #2
- 3. Putting it all together
2. Scraping Shopify for profit
- 1. Collecting keywords on the Shopify app store
- 2. Fetching results, ratings and reviews from the Shopify App Store
3. Find leads with technical marketing (5 videos)
- 1. Scraping competitor reviews (with code)
- 2. Exporting leads to a spreadsheet (with code)
- 3. Scraping competitor reviews (without code)
- 4. Using the power of Google to find lists of leads
- 5. Finding leads through technology lookups
4. Proxying requests (3 videos)
- 1. Intro to proxies
- 2. Proxying requests (no code)
- 3. Setting up a data collector (no code)