Candy – Enamel Pin-Ciples
ENAMEL PIN-CIPLES Everything you need to know to get started creating your own enamel pins! Learn the basics—or pin-ciples, as we like to call them—as well as tips and tricks for diving deeper.
What You’ll Get
- A comprehensive handbook to support you through creating your first enamel pin design, every step of the way
- Design guidelines on how to create art that is easily translatable into an enamel pin
- A walkthrough of finding the right manufacturer for your collection
- Examples of Occasionalish designs and how they were created
- Tips on how and where to market your business
- Action prompts for every chapter, to help you identify what
- tasks you need to check off your list at every step of the process
- The chance to ask me questions to get advice and insight to my pin creation process
- Bonus downloadable content to streamline your entry to the enamel pin marketplace
Chapter 1: Starting from Pin-ciples
Learn the basics of the pin including different types of enamel, finishes, and clutches.
Chapter 2: Market Research
After this chapter, you’ll be able to answer the questions “what should I look out for” and “how can I market myself?’
Chapter 3: What to Design
Are ideas difficult for you? Perhaps you have too many ideas. This module will help you come up with ideas and narrow them down to fit your style.
Chapter 4: How to Design
Sketching and pantones and design apps – oh my! I’ll walk you through what sites I use and how to make this process as simple as possible.
Chapter 5: Production Files
You’ve got your design, now we need to get it moving. This chapter will teach you all about different types of files you need to know when working with manufacturers.
Chapter 6: Working with Manufacturers
Put on your detective’s cap! With this module, you’ll learn about what you should be looking for when picking a manufacturer. This includes what questions to ask, red flags, and what to expect.
Chapter 7: Packaging
It’s not just your pins that should be pretty… your packaging should too! I’ll go over packaging basics, plus providing some advice from what I have learned.
Chapter 8: Post-Production
You’ve finally gotten your products back – yay! But what now? In this chapter, I’m going to take you through how I go about grading my pins, taking pictures for my website, and pricing.
Chapter 9: Marketing and Where to Sell
In this chapter, we’ll cover one of the most important parts of your pin business—selling! We’ll go over where to sell, pricing, and marketing.
Chapter 10: Other Business Tips
For our final chapter, I’ll share some additional tips based on my business experience, including the pros and cons of an LLC versus sole proprietorship, and how to protect designs from copycats.